Clean Eating No Bake Breakfast Bars
Granola Bars are a perfect grab and go breakfast or snack. However, there are often lots of hidden ingredients in this 'healthy' food. From preservatives and additives to some that are even packed with artificial sweeteners. You think your getting a protein packed snack that will help keep you full, but what you often get is a sugar high that leads to the all famous afternoon 'crash'. So how do you get a healthy bar that you know EXACTLY what it's contents are? Make it yourself, of course! Not much of a baker? Try our NO BAKE easy bars. At only 8 ingredients, you know exactly what's in them. And the fun part? You can add and take away what you like depending on your preferences.
What you'll need:
- 2 cups of organic old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup raw cocoa nibs
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 virgin organic coconut oil
- 1/3 raw honey
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond butter, creamy
What you do:
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a small pot. Put it over low heat and stir until combined. Do not let it simmer or boil, the heat is only to mix the ingredients.
- Once combined, pour the nut butter mix over the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl until the oats are completely coated.
- Spread mixture into an oiled or parchment lined dish.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Cut the bars and store in the freezer in a tightly wrapped container for up to 2 months. Or in a fridge for about a week.
Eat enjoy and live healthy!
"Get Fit or Die Trying"